Saturday, February 12, 2011

Tat tvam asi - Thou art that

I watched this dance programme on TV today, Dance India Dance Doubles, it's such a wannabe name, na, but the show was pretty okay. Point being, however, that Mithun Chakraborty said a really cool couple of lines:

Khud ko jala de itna
Andhere mein rakha kya hai?
Tu hase, toh duniya hase
Akele muskurane mein rakha kya hai?
Banna hai toh suraj ban
Koi aur sitara banne mein rakha kya hai?


The last two lines are the best, it's like this one line I read in a story a very long time back, anything worth doing is worth doing well. I've always had that feeling about things, if you can't do it well, and justify the 'doing', and the effort you put in, what's the point, then you aren't justifying anything at all .. Most people tend to criticise that sort of view, saying it's subversive to trying anything new, because well, since you're new you can't do it well, but my point is, then you work harder and make sure you do it well, also, there is a concept of beginners' luck. :P

The weather right now is just gorgeous; this is spring time, but vestiges of winter remain, and the confusion in the sky over what to be is apparent, and that makes it beautiful, I've seen celestial shades of oranges and blues in just one day. I wish it could be like this forever, but then, maybe I wouldn't think about it this way. 

No comments: