Sunday, October 2, 2011

Am I from Venus?

Today is Gandhi Jayanti so I think it proprietary to think about him for a moment. So there I thought of him for a moment.

So today I was telling a friend about this other friend. Now this other friend is well, a guy and he was seeing this girl. Now this guy is what in my opinion is a really great guy; he's very smart, witty, not slow, no weird accent, fun, entertaining, and not those sly types. But this girl is one of those typical ones who is fun and generally nice, but is clingy, excessively temperamental, acts dumb, and almost always makes a show after getting drunk at parties. When I was talking, I realised that I know quite a few couples (I hate using that word) who are exactly like that: awesome guy, irritating girl. And it always shocks me, when such relationships begin, that a guy like that could like a girl like that. But I guess that's just one of those things we'll never understand about the other sex. 

I now remember how my friend from school used to point out that the cutest guys have the fattest, ugliest girlfriends. Now she was not saying that out of just spite; it was true. Now this sort of thing does influence my opinion of the guy in question and honestly, it does seem reasonable, because people's taste in people reflects on their personality by a large degree. 

That's enough cribbing for today.

6 comments:

Sahib R said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
thegirlwithoneheart said...

Are you talking about who I think you're talking about?!
Also, food for thought.

nidhi said...

Actually I'm not. But for the purposes of the sentiment with which it has been written, that serves too.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're saying that the 'fattest ugliest' girls don't deserve a decent boyfriend. I mean, the girl can be a nice person irrespective of how they look.
Similarly, the cutest boys can be jerks inside.

Also, it happens the other way round too. :P

nidhi said...

Oh yeah, yeah, I see how I sounded like that, but that's not what I meant; it was merely an observation. Also, it's something my friend said; does that absolve my guilt? :P
What I say initially is just that so many great guys I know don't make equally great choices when it comes to girls. And the fact that it wasn't a great choice is also something that I haven't derived myself, they said it themselves. So I'm not in the least saying that ugly people are bad. I'm hardly a beauty myself (even remotely). The whole post is merely an observation. :)

Anonymous said...

Ah okay. That's cool then. It just comes across wrongly at first. :P