Sunday, June 13, 2010

New Beginnings

Hey y'all!

Long time ... I know. But I've been doing things. Hence. :)

Today it rained - gorgeous, splattering rain. Unfortunately it didn't last more than fifteen minutes, but that quarter of an hour was better than a lot of days we've seen living in Delhi. So yeah!

Listening to Raise Me Up - Westlife. This is one band I enjoying listening to at moments like these.

'You raise me up, so I can stand on mountains;
You raise me up, to walk on stormy seas;
I am strong, when I am on your shoulders;
You raise me up... To more than I can be.'

Beautiful! 

What's more; yesterday I thought I'd do 'something constructive' and picked up some French tutoring books. I read a couple of pages, attempted to learn up everything, but lost interest in half an hour. So today I started learning Latin on Youtube. People go all technology this and technology that, so why not use it! Its been fun till now, let's see if the enthusiasm lasts till tomorrow. 

Also, I've taken heavily to playing rummy with my mother for at least 3-4 hours a day. Thankfully without the involvement of money! But really, its great fun; and I'd never really played cards before this, so this is recently discovered time-pass. 

And that's all for now. 

Will write later, valete! (Latin for 'bye')

P.S If you're interested, check out this poem - http://famouspoetsandpoems.com/poets/elizabeth_bishop/poems/938.html  on Rain!

No comments: