Tuesday, June 26, 2012

I'm a rock chick in a hard rock world!

So I've seen MI2 like half a dozen times, but I still get the damndest knots in my stomach when I watch Cruise rock-climbing. How can you not: it's so real, even when you know it's well, not. :P I think I'm one of the very few people who still like him, though. And that's kind of sad. He's still very cool, and let's not forget thisOn the other hand, the new The Mentalist ad on Zee Cafe makes me really happy. I cannot find it on youtube, but I did find a Sad Song


In updates, I watched Gangs of Wasseypur yesterday. They're right; it's brilliant. It's a celebration of awesome. It's a complete saga, it leaves nothing out, and is very entertaining. Shout out to Sneha Khanwalkar, who's the music director - apparently one of only three female music directors in Bollywood - for a supremely fantastic job. 


I read a biography of Aamir Khan by Christina Daniels called :I'll Do It My Way". It's good; it's short, doesn't linger on controversial things, covers everything and praises him too. But I felt it didn't really justify its title. It doesn't make him out to be as much of a non-conformist genius or an individualistic self-made dude as might be expected from the title. But then he's probably not like that at all. 


Now I'm reading Bertrand Russell. Book is called Marriage and Morals. It's about the change in society from matrilineal to patriarchal and how women's subjugation became necessary to maintain the latter. It's quite informative in the sense of very gently explaining how society changed and how it can be modified. I don't know if the book caused a stir then, but now it seems like a very padded blow. Then again, he was neither a feminist nor an anthropologist. 


Okay now I'm going to listen to Jarrod Radnich on repeat. 


P.S. The title of the post - one of the things that made Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara  so fun. :)

No comments: