Saturday, June 23, 2012

Rise - Eddie Vedder

Hello
This is the phase of holidays that is <I hate this phrase, but> "used constructively". I've been going to the office of my photographer/film-maker neighbour. Just to chill. Not like an intern or anything. And it's great fun! I have already written a (lame-ass) script, thought of concepts for advertising, and even seen a photo shoot. With like a model. Booyah. And I also witnessed an unexpected incident of female-female bonding, when an intern offered to give me the phone numbers of a couple of cute model dudes. That was a first.


So I watching Indian Idol yesterday and it had these auditions going on, and I was looking at the ticker that shows up at the bottom of the screen that gives you details about the contestants, when I noticed that most people were now younger than me. I mean initially they used to all be older! And now I am older! I don't know why that's a little unsettling, but it is. So I don't have the comfort of thinking that I'll be able to sing like them in a couple of years. Not that I have any singing ambitions. But still. It's nice to think you're going to grow and be able to do more things. And conversely not nice to know you're probably never going to be smarter, fitter, more flexible or as quick to learn as now. So maybe that's the issue that people have with aging. As opposed to the looks part, which they highlight; especially with women.  


Now I've to go be a weirdo and watch the Indian version of Dancing with the Stars. You're right, holidays do not help in developing my tastes. 

No comments: