Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tick tock

I love the mornings. Specially when I can spend them in bed. But my mom doesn't. Her best mornings are probably those when I'm up early. Hence the undying, unhindered, unbeatable demands of getting up early 'at least now!' So what do I do - not get up till one pm daily. Amazing fun.

But today was a different day; I woke up at ten, three hours before usual: I had my dance rehearsal today, and needed to practice. When I wake up early I love standing in the balcony and watching the humdrum of the people who do get up on time. The office goers in their suits, the vegetable sellers with their thelas, people buying them, people washing cars, with large slops of water that probably leave the road cleaner, and random people on cycles. I see a lot of beauty in routine; there's such unbelievable security is knowing what is going to happen, in knowing exactly what you're going to do when and when you're going to finish that and do something else. Initially I used to feel surprised when people said they had difficulty in following their timetables, for me life is so clear and easy when I have a plan, once you have a plan you just follow it, pretty much unquestioningly, you don't have to think about what to do with your time, whether you should play or sleep or listen to music or study. And I'm not talking about automaton, machine-like obedience, you can always change the plan, there's full flexibility, what I'm questioning is the need; if something out of the ordinary happens or if you don't feel like doing what your plan says, change it, but just do it before the day is over.

So yes, The Pendulum of grade ten was one chapter that I totally understood. Lol.

I danced properly after a very long time today. And I cannot explain how totally awesome I'm feeling right now; like our friend would say, my heart is all warm and fuzzy. I've always wondered why I love dancing, what exactly I love about it, but there's a new answer every time. But more on that later.

2 comments:

Pranidhi said...

Such a beautiful post. It's so similar to my feelings for singing.
And I love what you've written about routine. It's only when yo know ordinary that anything is extraordinary. If yo know what I mean.
Nidhi, I want to meet you !

nidhi said...

Gosh, and to think I'm seeing this now. I'm such a late-latif. I do know what you mean, and I love how you put it.
Also, I dreamt about pol sci and psycho class last night, I think just mentioning all those people did it. ;). Not H-boy, though. :P