Wednesday, April 14, 2010

oncoming nostalgia

Hey there again
At this point of my life, I'm really nowhere. Its a period of seemingly un-ending waiting. waiting for the board results, waiting for the entrances to start, and also waiting for my mom to go out somewhere, so that I can watch tv a little more guiltlessly. preparation, is as usual heading nowhere; although I'm really pleased with myself today for going through half a book. But talking to strangely more serious people threatened to burst my bubble; but only just :)

Yesterday, I cleaned out my secondary cupboard. I had been postponing it, but got down to it at 2 in the morning (yes, I'm nearly nocturnal). Anyway, so I found these amazing things, which I of course knew existed, but had never really Really noticed! I'm sure that sounded strange, but then, risking a cliche, facts are stranger than fiction, right. I found old sequined very pretty clutches, a birthday gift I had never seen after after that day, and my old uniform. I also found my Kuchipudi ghungroos (bells); which I used to do when I was a child. They're like Kathak ghungroos (different from my present Bharatnatyam ones), two long thick strings of two rows of bells. I put them on immediately, and was reminded strongly of the hall where I learnt, my teacher who I've not seen since over 6 years, and the general delights of being young and free from responsibility. My life now presents such a contrast to my life then! But then, I must not sound like I have regrets; because most certainly I do not. However, I was forced to take them off too early for my liking, because well, simply because my neighbours wouldn't take it too well to be woken up by funny sounds from the house above.

Oh also, I'm so hopelessly in love with Taylor Swift's 'Breathe'; I cannot not sing it all the time. Underlined by Colbie Caillat's deeper vocals, it is so liltingly captivating! I also read Pride and Prejudice again. It seems so fresh and new even if you remember every line. I am such a fan of Jane Austen! (Although that may seem very out of character for me, because I mostly read thrillers)

And I've totally reached my saturation point with IPL; I kid not, I cannot stand another match. And my favourites - the Delhi Daredevils have lost the last three consecutively, making this condition only worse.

Till next time, chill out and keep it stylish!

P.S Sorry for that last part, I wanted to, just once, say that. :P

No comments: