Friday, April 23, 2010

Veritas

I'm listening to the same
new songs on the radio
while acting unconvincingly
that I'm studying;
'rate of population growth', 'job creation targets' ..

(Don't say alvida ... )

Two weeks left, I tell myself
Down from a month. Down from a year!
Its no more a put-off-able eventuality.
Its on my head:
Right here. Right now.

(Na kaho alvida ... )

My mom doesn't want me to leave Delhi.
I'm waiting to leave. Doesn't seem so likely now.

(Aj din chadeya ... )

I wonder if its true,
When most people say they miss home
when they leave.
I doubt I will. I'm known
to myself to be quite un-sentimental.

I'm not missing school either.
Or the 'friends'.

(Zinda hoon main ... )

This life of inertia pleases me.
They say I'm not ambitious.
But I am: I don't want
to work; hard or otherwise. (Doesn't that count?)

(Aj dil gustakh hai ... )

I want to be at my leisure. Always.
I want the security of a routine. Of
free time.

(Chidiya ghar se pakde hain ... )

Edging out rivals was never my thing.
Sometimes most things aren't.
Sometimes most things are.

I look at the calendar.
Two weeks left!

(Wake up Sid ... )

*Switches off radio*
*Opens a book*

1 comment:

Pranidhi said...

So queet.
Personally, can't wait for the 9th. Or for the result, for that matter. *DISLIKE* this phase in life!