Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sophía

Often I have wondered
What must it be like to die?
How does it feel?
Painful or painless?

What does one think?
- Of achieved glories and exploits,
Of debts unpaid,
Or of emotions buried?

Does one feel sad to leave the stage,
Or happy indeed in the final act of the play?
But alas! Who shall tell me this?
For I know none who's
dead and come to demystify this truth of life
Known to no scientist, answerable by no teacher ...

But one thing I know
A long life is not my desire
To be wretched and afflicted is not my way
With disease I do not want to sway

For now my friends, let us
Not choose our requiem
For we have books to read, and
Places to see
And miles to go before we sleep.

3 comments:

Sarthi Sawhney said...

blog spot should have the "like" option also!
a spectacular piece of ur intellect...:)

Sarthi Sawhney said...

and i really like the last para as well
got a very good message to it..

nidhi said...

hey! i feel the same too! so much more convenient.
thank you!