Friday, April 16, 2010

Overheadover

As I've mentioned before, I'm not much of a poet. Add to that a complete unfamiliarity with the pen over the past few years, and my skills are very doubtable. Despite all this, I have written something that I'd like to share here. Warning: Its not been edited. Plus, I wrote it in the middle of the night when I suddenly woke up with my head full of something.




I was born in the hour of the sun
Two scores and six (years) after Shastri's death
There was nothing remarkable about my birth
Nothing new about my height or girth.

To this day I have come
Some beauty some talent a lot of care
Wishing to somehow shift my path
To alluring greatness, life and style.

Wishing to somehow make a destiny
Without the regular worries of dime,
Without the worldly chains of time
I have come forth to reach across
Meet the horizon
And with a smile
Acclaim true light.




P.S: So much for believing in my 'abilities'. ;)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nidhi!
=)

nidhi said...

heya! good to connect with you at a non-facebook level!

Pranidhi said...

I wish I could think poetry when I woke up in the middle of the night, that too such beautiful poetry.

And with a smile, acclaim true light.

There is so much time we spend doing things with a fight. Life would be so much more fulfilling if I thought your way.