Wednesday, April 14, 2010

random ramblings

I want to be a lawyer see, and today I found this webpage that just changed my perception.
Check it out - http://rinkworks.com/said/courtroom.shtml

It makes my to be ilk look like such a class of dunces :P

If you haven't already, do listen to Eric Nicholas; I find his voice and singing quite addictive. His best are My Girlfriend is a Dime, Crazy on You, and Song for my Future Wife.

I watched Gotham Knight yesterday. I found it silly that they named Indian people Russell and Cassandra; what is the point - if just to make the names familiar, then why use the term fakirs anyway?

I used to write limericks when I was a kid, you know. But I just abruptly stopped, for a reason still unidentified. I aim to start writing soon: that and other stuff, although I was never much of a poet. That reminds me of a line in Ashokamitran's book: he said that poetry is the true pursuit of a genius; prose writing is meant for the 'patient persistent persevering drudge whose heart is so shrunken that rejection slips mean nothing to him...' Very interesting thought, isn't it? Yes, I'm writing that here in spite of the fact that this will mean I don't have much genius. ;)

Quote of the day: Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
                                                                                         - Albert Einstein

No comments: