Saturday, June 4, 2011

Give me joy in my heart, keep me loving, loving, loving

So tomorrow I have my political science presentation.
So tomorrow I have to get my term paper printed.

Remember we used to sing/recite these really corny songs when we were in junior school? I just remembered one that ended with 'Thank you God for everything'. I still remember how we, as little children, with cute voices used to say those lines in the same tune, in the most bored, yet eager to please tone, the same things every day in assembly. I hardly had assemblies in middle and senior school. But I miss singing the national song and 'We shall overcome, someday' - the angrezi version of Hum honge kamyaab. Oh, and marching class, which we all used to crib so much about. It feels so weird to think of those things now; they seem aeons away, like a different life. Perhaps it was a different life.

When people say things like I miss being a kid, and I want to be like that again; naive and trusting etc., I can't quite agree with them. I mean, you're smarter now, and you're allowed to do more things (lol), then why would one complain? We lose our sense of carelessness, they say. Accepted. But about the rest, it's just that we become more insecure of ourselves. That is the only change that really makes us different from how we were when we were kids. From insecurity come jealousy, envy, competitiveness, cautiousness (so you don't lose your position of superiority) and other 'adult' issues. We probably think we have to prove ourselves and our worth to others, but I fear that it's mostly ourselves we want to convince.

Just believe more in yourself, and don't always quantify everything, and you'll be cool.

Try karo.

P.S. Nadal beat Murray, yayy!

No comments: