Thursday, June 2, 2011

'I will meet you yet again'

Today my mind decided on doing no work. Don't ask me, ask it.

Somehow I always get very interested in people who retain so much individuality, it shocks you how they survived, and even lived (differentiating on the basis of spirit, I guess) in the same world you're so fed up with. Or not. Point being, that they just stick to what they think yaar; it's pretty impressive. Like Amrita Pritam: woman lived in Pakistan and India, independence time, left the dude who was giving her a hard time, had two love affairs, wrote two autobiographies, ultimately lived in with a guy younger than her for nearly 40 years. Is that impressive or what?

I wonder if I have the same conviction in myself, at least a similar strength to just do what I want, what I feel like - right or wrong. I wish I do. I mean, obviously, na. But then comes in that whole issue of collectivism versus individualism. If I have this conversation with my parents or anyone from their generation, they're going to have a very typical Oriental response of society before yourself. Crappy hai. Bahut.

Anyway, now I've got to work on not listening to Carnival to Rust on repeat. So bye.


It's all a game, avoiding failure, when true colors will bleed
All in the name of misbehavior and the things we don't need
I lust for after no disaster can touch, touch us anymore
And more than ever, I hope to never fall, where enough is not the same it was before.

P.S. The title of this post is the title of a poem by Pritam. Translated, of course. Here it is.


No comments: