Sunday, May 16, 2010

More Random Doodles

Hey!

This Is Result Fortnight! Let’s call it a killer phase, because .. well simply because it is. Yes, NLUD acted all funny and gave the results in (not again) a fortnight. And I was short of one mark to make it to the first list. SO SAD. Mamma said the same thing; couldn’t you have got one mark more for your own good? True. But being as I am, I thanked God I didn’t get one mark less. Or I’d be tied with twenty other people and the board results would assume much more importance. So I’m right on top in the waiting list, and I don’t mind it as much as I probably should. Symbiosis came out yesterday. Only the marks though, no ranks and all. I’ve done well. Although I secretly wish I had got 126 in NLUD. But all is well. Until now at least. Board results are expected on either 20th or 21st of this month. That’s less than a week from now. And 29th is the date for CLAT. God!

And, I cannot say this often-er: I hate summers. The heat, the humidity, the inability to feel fresh ever, the disdainful moods all around. And people say they feel lazy in the winters. Tell me what keeps you spirited and jovial and ever-adventurous in this climate. Tell me what makes you want to go out and do anything, be it roaming around, studying, or shopping. Cos I don’t feel like stepping out of my air-conditioned room for one moment.

Plus, I have nothing to read. First thing I’m doing tomorrow is going to a book shop. I hope. And I think I’ve watched every movie that Zee Studio, Star Movies and HBO have in their stocks. And at least half of Sony Pix’s too, most of what remain are those I have no desire to watch. So watching runs and re-runs and re-re-runs of Castle is what I do now. Seriously. Pitifully. And I’ve discovered something: Fillion is not so attractive at first, but he grows on you, until you find him very, very sexy. Katic, on the other hand, seems really nice at first, but she loses appeal as you watch and watch every day. But I love her name – Stana Katic, so stylish!

This reminds me of a survey I once read about. This site has these pictures of various men and women, and viewers have to rank them on their attractiveness. Now the trick is that they often use different names for the same picture. And they found that some pictures with a particular name were ranked higher than the same picture with a different name! Meaning that an average looking Mary would rank lower than the same average looking Natasha! Very interesting, isn’t it? 

No comments: